Getting ready for college starts way before you step foot on a college campus. Many students will start the planning process 2 even 3 years in advance. Throughout the planning process, the one phrase you will continually hear is:
Start your College Preparation as Early as Possible!
To insure you choose the right school and then make the most of your college experience, it is important to prep for college as early as possible.
Proper planning can be the difference between adding a treasured chapter to your life and struggling through four years of adversity and hardship….Read the full article
It’s never too early to start planning for college. You don’t want to burden yourself by spending all your time in the present exclusively worrying about future. The future will come soon enough….more
When Do I Start Preparing For College?
You can start preparing for college as early as the first year of high school. Your high school guidance counselor can help you chart your future by choosing the right college for your personality, interests and abilities. If your counselor is given the sufficient time and opportunities to know you, he or she can provide quite a bit of help to you in different ways…more
More Great Articles – For Students
- 100 Tips, Tools, and Guides for Taking a Gap Year Before College
- Is College Worth My Time?
- Why Go to College
- A College Degree is Nearly a Necessity
- Choosing a College that’s Right for You – Very Good!
- Getting Into College: Taking the Right Steps
- Getting Into College with Poor Grades
- Start Preparing For College Early
- Tips for Starting College
More Great Articles – Parents
- Does my bilingual teen need to take a Spanish class for college?
- How Can I Help My Teen Reach His Potential?
- Getting Into College No Longer A Numbers Game!
- College Touring – 5 Mistakes People Make Going On College Tours
- Preparing For College Tours – Making The College Maze Work For You
- College Readiness Is A Myth
- 6 Signs You’re A High Maintenance Parent
Tools for Your College Preparation
Some basic tools and aids to help with your decision making about college. These are in PDF format and require ADOBE Acrobat Reader
- College Planning Calendar for High School Seniors
- Free Tools for Students, Parents and Teachers
- College Planning Checklist (NRCCUA)
- So You Want to Go to College-Guide to starting Your Academic Career
- College Career Guide – For 11th and 12th Grade High School Students
- College Planning Guide – US Dept of Energy
- Effective College Planning – For Students With Disabilities
- Preparing for College – For Middle and High School Students
- The Ultimate College Planning Guide
- VIDEOS – On College Planning – Cappex.com
Some other websites to help as you navigate your college search.
- About.com – College Admissions Section
- BrainTrack – Higher Education and Career Resources
- College Stress – College Stress Relief E-Book
- College Planning Guides (from offtocollege.cpm)
- CollegePrep-101 – Home for all your college preparation needs.
- Quintessential Careers College Planning & Career Page – For Students
- Hundreds of Heads – Because hundreds of heads are better than one
- Kathryn Hake College Planning Guide
- Federal Student Aid Student Gateway