Having grown up in the Chicago inner city, I am the benefactor of the help and support of many people. From concerned people in the community to high school coaches and teachers, you name it and they played a part in keeping me on the straight and narrow.
There were many heroes when I was growing up, helping to make a difference. I might very well owe my life to these heroes of the neighborhood.
Heroes still exist today. One such hero today is Laura Wilson of Wilson Daily Prep an online ACT & SAT test preparation website. Laura recently created GraphItForward.org a website that encourages people to donate their old unused graphing calculators. New graphing calculator can cost $100 or more and are not affordable for many disadvantaged students.
According to ACT Inc., the math problems on the “Mathematics” portion of the ACT exam can be solved without a calculator. However, students that take the ACT or SAT without a calculator are often at a disadvantage without one.
How Can I Help?
- Mail your used graphing calculator to us here
- Organize a used calculator collection drive. Contact us for a special GIFT collection box to place in your lobby or office.
- Help spread the word by emailing our “Pass It Forward” letter to your friends and colleagues. (Download Here)
- Visit their website www.graphitforward.org to learn more.
- Contact them at 1-800-888-0692 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Spread the Word!
- How do I know if my old calculator is a graphing calculator?
- ACT Inc. Math Exam Facts
- SAT Test Day tips
- Graph It Forward Home Page
- Wilson Daily Prep
Was this Useful for You?
If so, subscribe to our mailing list and get regular updates from us!
Thank you for subscribing.